Thursday 30 August 2012

RECAP OF SURGERY....

so i woke up feeling super nervous and really scared not knowing what exactly what was ahead of me

im starting not to remember exactly what i was feeling but i know for sure that i was going to the bathroom alot.. heheheh

but anyways i had packed my bag the night before; and BTW i didnt use one fourth the stuff i brought, i really over packed but anyways

got to the bus station, and before walking to the bus stop i was SO nervous. i didnt want to tell my mom because i knew that she would get nervous too but omg i was just a wreck

when we were on the subway i was starting to calm down but realized that i only had 30 min to drink as much water as i could because your not aloud to drink liquids 3 hours before surgery


i got to the hospital, i did not know where to check in
i had been there a year ago for when i saw the doctor an decided what way of surgey i was going to do

but anyways while i had gone to the bathroom, my mom had asked somebody and we had to walk quite a ways to get to the administration or sign in desk

but anyways we got there and it was super easy; just gave the paper work. got a wrist band , went up the elevators and waited in the pre-op room! 


so we had been waiting a really long time until they saw us
but we walked in and gave the papers and my health card that the lady at the administration desk had given us

but yeah then this lady called my name; gave me a gown and pants to change into and let me change

she came back and went through all the stuff that she had to
like double check if i had eaten anything in the past 12 hours
medical history
medications i take
all that sort of stuff

so then my mom came in and she talked to her about all other stuff like family history of stuff and what not but yeah!!!

then she got me on the bed and took my blood pressure,
and put some gel on my foot to hear its pulse

then she weighed me- 100 pounds! i thought i was 105 so thats good:P
or maybe the rounded down
lol but yeah!!

then i went and sat back in the waiting room

and she gave me some cream on my hands to make my hand numb and put tape over it. 

so a nurse comes and talks to me and goes through the same stuff that lady i mentioned before who got me changed into my gown

and tells me that my surgery is going to be postponed another hour, and JUST before that somebodys surgery got cancelled, so like..... i was nervous that it was going to be cancelled.

but anyhow then the doctor came and talked to me briefly  and marked my foot with a pen

and then the anesthesiologist came and also talked to me about putting me to sleep and all that
she was really nice

so then while the anesthesiologist was getting ready the nurse was just talking to me and then we walked towards the surgery room
we dropped my mom off in the waiting room, kissing her goodbye

and off i went

so i walked in and it was so cool!!.... there was 1 machine in each corner
and the bed was in the middle

 they had be take of my shoes and socks  but i only took of one sock (the one getting surgery on)

so i layed down

she took off the cream and tape

and as she was doing the other hand the anesthesiologist poked the needle in, WHICH DID HURT
but ohwell

then i dont remember much... must have been knocked out!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment